Tuesday, May 02, 2006

feedback cover letter | draft outcomes

Vaine Iriano Wichman
Member of Parliament/Ruaau Constituency
VAKA PUAIKURA
Phone: 21756 or Moblie – 55756
Email: arama@oyster.net.ck
Fax: 24986
28 April 2006


Hon. Ngamau Munokoa
Minister of Internal Affairs (including women)
Avarua

Kia orana Ngamau

My report on my attendance at the Pacific Regional Workshop on Advancing Women’s Representation in Parliaments, Rarotonga, Cook Islands, 19-21 April, 2006

Attached please find my report to you and your cabinet colleagues on my attendance at last week’s regional meeting.

First, please accept my sincere appreciation for allowing me to join you to represent women parliamentarians in the Cook Islands to this important workshop.

Second, please accept my observations and suggestions for follow on activities from this workshop to add on to work already in train by government and other active political/lobby groups.

I am circulating copies of my report to members of my caucus to inform them as well as to seek their support in due course, as in-country activities and events that may follow on from this regional event take shape.

On a personal note, it has been a pleasure working with you to host the women parliamentarians and delegations from the Pacific.

Na te Atua koe e tiaki, e maine.

Yours sincerely

Vaine Wichman

Copy Sir Geoffrey Henry, Leader of Opposition
Hon. Tom Marsters, Tupou Faireka, Hon. Teina Bishop, Hon. Wilkie Rasmussen, Henry Puna, Teariki Heather, Albert Nicholas, Peri Vaevaepare, Tiki Matapo, Mii Parima, Upoko Simpson, Piho Rua.

No comments: